If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This satisfying, tasty stew could not be easier to make or easier on your pocket. We love to make a big batch, as it only gets better the longer it sits (and it couldn't be better for you!). If you're not 100% vegan, eat with some grated parmesan. —Weird & Ravenous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- Coarse salt
- One 14-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- One 14-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale, washed and stems discarded
- Small handful fresh basil
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy pot set over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, chili and a pinch of coarse salt. Cook, stirring now and then, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the kale and set it aside.
- Stir in the tomatoes, breaking them up with your spoon, along with a can of water, the beans and the chopped kale. Bring the stew to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for an hour. The kale should be completely soft.
- Serve each portion with a drizzle of olive oil and a few basil leaves torn over the top.
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.