If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been roasting cauliflower with a spicy seed mixture for a while now. This evening I decided not to make a salad, and wanted to use some fresh beet greens before using the attached beets, and this recipe took shape in my kitchen. —rayva
Serves 3-4 as a side dish
- 1 head cauliflower separated into florets
- 1 bunch of beet greens and stems, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons EV olive oil and/or grapeseed oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoons each fennel seed, mustard seed, whole cumin and coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon or to taste Aleppo pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- toss cauliflower with oil and spices in a cast iron skillet and roast for 20 minutes, until golden and softened
- add beet greens and stems, toss again and roast for 5 more minutes or so until wilted, but still crisp
- serve right away or at room temperature
The local's guide to Oakland
The local's guide to Oakland.
Celebrate Canada Day with snacks.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.