If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently moved to Italy for work and while I am in foodie heaven gorging on cheese, cured meats, fresh pasta, ice cream and pastries, all washed down with copious amounts of wine and cappucino (depending on the time of day), all these indulgences are making me feel a little guilty. I therefore set out to create a somewhat healthier muffin recipe, using oatflour and olive oil and only lightly sweetened, but full of flavour thanks to some grated mandarine zest. —Sophia R
Makes 6 medium muffins
- 150g oat flour
- 2 tablespoons spelt flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 mandarine, zested
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 90 milliliters buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a muffin tin big enough to hold 6 medium muffins.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl, whisking together with a spoon. In a second bowl, whisk together the olive oil, buttermilk and egg.
- Pour the wet mix over the dry ingredients and carefully mix the two together using a fork. Don’t worry if there are still a few lumps, these will disappear in the oven.
- Distribute the batter between the muffin tins and bake for ca. 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.