Author Notes: This is an old Sardinian recipe - Chiarina-ina
- 10 unripe persimmons
- 1 liter white wine
- 1 liter white wine vinegar
- 2 liters olive oil
- Clean the persimmons.
- Place them in a clean, big glass jar.
- Fill the jar with the same amount of wine and vinegar. The persimmons must be completely covered.
- Store the jar in a dark place (like a wardrobe) for 15 days.
- Drain the vinegar mix.
- Fill the jar with good olive oil, and make sure the persimmons are well covered in oil
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons