If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Persimmon is one of my favorite colors, I even used persimmons to decorate the tables at my wedding ( I figure I have 6 months before I have to stop mentioning that I just got married whenever possible). Needless to say I had many persimmons to play with a few months ago, and this was one of my favorites. Its very simple, a great starter, and an even better cheese course. A nice way to serve it at a party is to have a small pitcher of the warm honey on the side for self-serve drizzling, a a dish or chopped toasted hazelnuts. - Aliwaks
Food52 Review: Everything about this recipe is lovely, simple, and delicious. The mild ricotta and tangy chèvre balance each other out nicely and create this amazing pillow atop the crunchy bread, buoying the flavors of the persimmon, hazelnut, and rosemary. The warm honey and sprinkle of sea salt holds it all together. I wanted to eat all of them myself! - fiveandspice
- 4 Ripe but not too ripe Fuyu persimmons
- 1/2 cup fresh tangy goat cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup light colored honey (not buckwheat)
- 8 Slices crusty country bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts (or pistachios), coarsely chopped
- Coarse ground black pepper
- Flaky sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or mint if using pistachios)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (Meyer, if you have it)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (Meyer if you have it)
- Brush bread with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, and bake at 375°F until crisp and lightly browned.
- Cut the persimmons into 8 lovely juicy orange petals. Remove seeds and peel (I use a paring knife), and sprinkle with a bit of lemon juice.
- Whisk together ricotta, goat cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest and rosemary.
- Dollop cheese mixture on warm toasts. Lay 4-6 slices of persimmon on each toast, and sprinkle with coarse pepper and sea salt flakes.
- Heat honey gently.
- Drizzle with warm honey and sprinkle with toasted Hazelnuts. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
A Girl and Her Greens
April Bloomfield gets reckless with vegetables and we like it.
Shop Spring Cleaning
A Stuffable Side Dish
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Save Your Stems