If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was a breakfast invention born when I was serving some South Carolinian friends breakfast. Hot Jimmy Dean's sausage is the ideal ingredient for their favorite sausage gravy over biscuits, but I wanted to do a grown up version. Hence; add interesting veggie and crepes and voila!! Also: the crepe batter and filling can be made ahead, I did this so that in the morning I just had to heat the filling and make the crepes, making it a quick breakfast for guests!
P.s. the base recipe for the actual crepes comes from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Basic-Crepes/, I just adjusted when to add dry ingredients, added my chosen herbs, and used a food processor for ease and easy clean up. - ChefFace
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean's hot pork sausage
- 2 shallots (diced)
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Cook sausage in skillet with shallots until sausage is completely browned.
- Meanwhile, place peeled and cubed butternut squash in shallow microwaveable bowl with ¼ cup water in the bottom, cover with kitchen towel, and microwave for about 7 minutes.
- Toss butternut squash in with sausage mixture and add sage, cook on medium for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, stir in cream cheese
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1. In a food processor, blend eggs, milk, water and butter. Mix salt and flour in small bowl, then add to processor and blend. Next add herbs and paprika and blend one more time.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Using ¼ cup to measure, scoop batter into pan for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Shake pan and then loosen, then flip and cook until other side is also light brown. Fill with sausage filling and serve ( I like to roll them up like burritos!)
Recipe of the Day
Garden Mule Cocktail
Garden Mule Cocktail
Fresh beer, anywhere.
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Go play outside!