Author Notes: This is a great finger food for a party. Use cooked hard polenta to make the chips, fry them until very crispy and serve with a Gorgonzola sauce. And just see them disappear! - Babette's Feast
- 1 cup polenta flour
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fleur de sel
- 2 cups Canola oil for frying
- 1 cup Sweet creamy Gorgonzola, cut in small pieces, room temperature
- 1/3 cup double cream
- Bring the water to a boil, add the salt and pour the polenta flour in a steady stream, stirring with a whisk until well blended. When it boils, reduce the heat to the minimum and cook the polenta, stirring from time to time with a wooden spoon for 45 minutes or until it starts to fall away from the sides of the pan.
- Line a large flat tray with plastic film, pour the polenta inside and spread evenly keeping it 3/4 inches thick. Allow to cool completely until firm.
- Unmold the polenta on a large cutting board and cut in rectangles the size of thick chips.
- Gorgonzola sauce: In a pan over moderate heat add the cream and the gorgonzola cut in small pieces. Whisk until gorgonzola is completely melted and the sauce is thick.
- Heat the Canola oil in a non-stick frying pan and when the oil is hot add batches of polenta chips (watch that they don't stick to each other). Fry until crispy, remove and drain on paper towel.
- Serve the chips hot sprinkled with Fleur de Sel with the sauce in a bowl on the side to dip them.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Polenta Recipe