If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is inspired by by mum, and I make this often as I love making toasted sandwiches with the leftovers for breakfast! - Ginni Kelley
- 5-6 cups chopped Cabbage
- 2 cups frozen Peas
- 1 piece large Onion, finely chopped
- 3 pieces Green chillies, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 2 pieces 2 inch piece of Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala (Mixed Spice)
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons Grapeseed oil (or any non-fragrant cooking oil)
- 1 cup Crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Salt (adjust to taste)
- Heat the oil in a pot, add the cumin seeds and as soon as they start sizzling, add the ginger, the onion and the green chillies. Saute until the onions soften and start to turn golden in colour.
- Stir in all the spices and the crushed tomatoes. If it starts to stick at the bottom or looks too dry, add half a cup of water and stir well. Let this cook for 30 seconds, stirring all the time and adding more water (1/2 cup at a time) to avoid the mixture sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the cabbage and the peas. Mix well, cover the pot and let this simmer until the vegetables are fully cooked. I don’t like to over cook mine as I enjoy a little crunch in my cabbage, but the flavour works well whether crunchy or soft.
- You may need to sprinkle half a cup of water half way through the cooking process if its too dry. There’s so much that you can do with the leftovers, that this is one side dish worth having in the fridge all the time!!
- Try making toasted sandwiches / panini with the leftovers. Just add a little bit of grated cheddar in the filling for it to work as a glue in the sandwich. Its amazing with a cup of tea for breakfast!
Gnocchi with a Twist
Gno potato, gno problem.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
All hail fried toast.
White and Gray Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.