If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Persimmons pulp is very gelatinous and thick, on the verge of jam, even. I found 3 persimmons in the freezer, buried under countless bananas, just asking to be turned into jam. It's a loose jam, great on toast, and probably spooned into yogurt, I bet.
Stash your on-the-verge-of-ripe fuyu persimmons in the freezer until solid. Defrost. Slice across the equator. Scrape out the pulp with a thin-edged spoon. Discard any seeds. —mrslarkin
Makes about 1 cup
- 3/4 cup persimmon pulp, from about 3 fuyu persimmons
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons meyer lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons meyer lemon zest
- Combine all ingredients in a small heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, until jell point is reached, around 220 degrees F. Cool slightly and pour into a clean jar. Refrigerate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer