Author Notes: Persimmons pulp is very gelatinous and thick, on the verge of jam, even. I found 3 persimmons in the freezer, buried under countless bananas, just asking to be turned into jam. It's a loose jam, great on toast, and probably spooned into yogurt, I bet.
Stash your on-the-verge-of-ripe fuyu persimmons in the freezer until solid. Defrost. Slice across the equator. Scrape out the pulp with a thin-edged spoon. Discard any seeds. - mrslarkin
Makes about 1 cup
- 3/4 cups persimmon pulp, from about 3 fuyu persimmons
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons meyer lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons meyer lemon zest
- Combine all ingredients in a small heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, until jell point is reached, around 220 degrees F. Cool slightly and pour into a clean jar. Refrigerate.