If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After a cold week, I wanted something to take the chill off. I was going to make dahl, but I found a half used jar of Thai red curry paste and liked the idea of a Thai Curry Soup. A handful of spinach tossed in at the end is nice too. Or be fancy and garnish with sauteed shrimp or scallops. —Ann W.
- 2 cups mixed red and yellow lentils
- 1 large shallot
- 1 white onion
- 1 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Finely chop the shallot and onion and saute until transparent in light vegetable oil or coconut oil.
- Stir in the curry paste and let cook for a few minutes. RInse the lentils well and add them in. Chop your carrot and add that.
- Pour in the broths and the coconut milk. Let everything cook together at a gentle simmer until the lentils are soft. About 20 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree about half of the soup.
- If you like, you can garnish with chopped avocado, or chopped peanuts and serve with wedges of lime.