If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is a variation of a recipe I found online years ago. It is quite easy. —Lucia from Madison
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 pound Mozzarella, sliced
- 2 cups marinara sauce, jarred or homemade
- polenta, ingredients follow
- 4.5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely ground cornmeal
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Take a pound of sausage, pork or turkey or what ever you prefer and chop it up and brown it in a saute pan. Next make your polenta.
- The polenta recipe comes from From Biba's Italian Kitchen. Bring the water to a boil in a medium-size heavy pot over medium heat. Add the salt and reduce the heat to medium low. As soon as the water begins to simmer, start pouring in the cornmeal by the handful in a thin stream, very slowly, and stir constantly with a long wooden spoon to prevent lumps from forming. When all the cornmeal has been incorporated, you can relax, but keep the water at a steady, low simmer and stir cornmeal frequently. (It is not necessary to stir constantly if the polenta is cooked gently.) Cook the polenta 25 to 30 minutes. As it cooks, the polenta will thicken considerably, and it will bubble and spit back at you. Keep stirring, crushing any lumps that form against the side of the pot. The polenta is cooked when it comes away effortlessly from the sides of the pan. Stir in cheese.
- Grease a glass loaf pan and layer polenta, sauce, sausage and fresh mozzarella cheese. Repeat this one more time and topping with sauce and cheese.
- Bake 350 degress 25 to 30 minutes.
- Of course you need a glass of red wine with this meal.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Polenta Recipe
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Recipe of the Day
The chicest apron around.