Author Notes: Craziness I know! But halfway through your Thanksgiving feast your body will be thanking you for the double does of detoxifiers in this traditional side dish with a twist.
- 1 12oz Bag of Fresh Cranberries (approx 3 cups)
- 1 cup Shredded Raw Beets, loosely packed
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until all the cranberries have popped and the beets are no longer crunchy.
- *Party Trick* For your guests that insist their cranberry sauce come from a can. Reduce the water by 1/4 cup and pour the hot cranberry sauce into 2 clean 15 oz cans and let cool in the refrigerator. Within a couple of hours your sauce will have solidified into the perfect cylinder with all the ridged and dents of your favorite store bought brand.