If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Craziness I know! But halfway through your Thanksgiving feast your body will be thanking you for the double does of detoxifiers in this traditional side dish with a twist.
- 1 12oz Bag of Fresh Cranberries (approx 3 cups)
- 1 cup Shredded Raw Beets, loosely packed
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until all the cranberries have popped and the beets are no longer crunchy.
- *Party Trick* For your guests that insist their cranberry sauce come from a can. Reduce the water by 1/4 cup and pour the hot cranberry sauce into 2 clean 15 oz cans and let cool in the refrigerator. Within a couple of hours your sauce will have solidified into the perfect cylinder with all the ridged and dents of your favorite store bought brand.
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.