If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from Gale Gand, "Gale Gand's Short and Sweet" by Gale Gand and Julia Moskin, these beignet may not be like the ones from Cafe du Monde but they do take me back to a short stay in New Orleans a few years ago. They're crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. I finished half with cinnamon sugar and half with confectioners sugar and I must say the cinnamon ones were my favorite! —almacucina
- 3/4 cup cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil for frying
- cinnamon sugar for rolling (1 part cinnamon to 3 parts sugar)
- confectioners sugar
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl mix potato, ricotta cheese and egg. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and mix to combine. Spoon out 12 portions, I kept mine irregular so they would hold the sugar better, and set aside.
- Heat about 2 or 3 inches of vegetable oil to 360 degrees. Fry 3 or 4 biegnet at a time, turning as necessary to insure even frying, for 2 or 3 minutes each or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Roll in cinnamon sugar or sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Serve warm, makes 12, try to share.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews is the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
How to keep shelves tidy.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Get your shine on.