If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a personal recipe I've adapted from eating Chinese Herbal Black Chicken Soup at home for as long as I could remember. This dish is common in Asian families and is known to promote blood circulation and rejuvenate the energy flow for one's body. It is also known to be good for women in particular as ingredients/herbs often used in the soup are nourishing and contains beneficial properties. Each family might prepare the dish differently and add a variety of herbs/ingredients to their liking. There is no one particular way of cooking this dish.
This recipe calls for the use of black chicken with can be found in most Asian supermarkets or grocery stores. This type of chicken is smaller in size and is black all over from skin to its meat. - juntt
- 1 black chicken
- 1 handful red dates
- 1 handful walnuts
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 3 pieces ginger slices
- Remove intestines and inner parts of the whole chicken. Wash and set aside.
- Place ginger, red dates, walnuts and goji berries into the stomach of chicken. Put it into a large ceramic pot or slow cooker. Pour water until it covers the chicken. Cook it in low heat for 2 hours.
- When done, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken separately. You may keep the soup stock for later or serve it in a bowl as soup.
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.