If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Saimin (\?s?-?min\). Comfort, Hawaiian style. Inspired by Japanese udon, Chinese mein and Filipino pancit, saimin is uniquely Hawaiian. Hot savory broth, soft noodles, tender chicken, fresh veggies and a delicious blast of Aloha. —TheLastWonton
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped into large bite-size pieces
- 9 cups homemade (or good quality) chicken or turkey broth
- 4 packets (3.5oz./100g) Sapporo Ichiban or similar dry ramen/Asian soup noodle mix
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 deli-roasted rotisserie chicken, removed from the bones, chopped or broken into large, bite-size pieces
- 4 handfuls crunchy, fresh bean sprouts
- Fresh lime for squeezing
- Shoyu (soy sauce) for drizzling
- Sriracha or sambal for embellishing
- Lime wedges and thinly sliced jalapenos, for garnish
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped green onions and saute 2-3 minutes, until starting to caramelize. Add chopped broccoli and stir-fry another 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth and broth seasoning packets from noodle soup mix. Bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes. Add noodles and cilantro and cook just 3 minutes, until noodles are al dente.
- Have 4 large soup bowl ready. Distribute noodle soup mixture evenly between bowls. Top each bowl with 1/4 of the chopped chicken and a good handful of bean sprouts. Squeeze a generous bit of lime juice over each bowl. Drizzle with shoyu. Serve right away, garnished with fresh lime wedge and thinly sliced jalapenos, if desired. Sip, slurp, munch. Mmmm. Onolicious!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Noodle Soups
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.