Food52 Review: We love the fact that this dressing can be made in just a few minutes and also contains a couple of surprises: the additions of both golden (or white) balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. (Why didn't we think of that last one?) But what thrills us the most is Leslie's suggestion to just throw everything in a jar and shake. It's an easy way to emulsify the ingredients, and storing leftovers is a snap. We added 1/4 teaspoon of Worcestershire, as the "drops" from our bottle seemed quite small. The dressing benefits from some sitting time, which simultaneously intensifies and rounds out the flavors. - A&M - A&M
Serves 1 cup
- 3/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (regular)
- 2 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 drops Worcestershire sauce
- Place mustard and the garlic clove, which has been lightly crushed with the side of a knife, in a bowl or glass jar.
- Add the olive oil, the two balsamic vinegars, Worcestershire sauce, and ground pepper (to taste) and mix well (or shake, if in a jar).
- Taste for seasoning and add more of any of the ingredients to get the right balance.
- Do not refrigerate.
- Your Best Salad Dressing Contest Winner!