If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother used to make this dish when I was a child. We are not big fans of rice in the family (except in sushi). Because we love fruits, she made sure we had our fix of rice thanks to this dish. You can eat it as a side dish with fish, chicken or lamb, or simply as a single dish with some naan bread or chapati - MarieGlobetrotter
- 7 1/2 ounces long-grain rice
- 2 peeled apples, diced
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 125 milliliters coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Heat some oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Pour in the rice and brown gently for 2 minutes. Add 450ml of vegetable stock and cook on high heat for 15-20 minutes until rice is cooked and the stock is completely absorbed.
- In the meantime, take another pan, heat some olive oil and brown the onion, garlic, currants and apple.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain well and add to the apple-currant mixture. Add the yoghurt, coconut milk, shredded coconut, salt, pepper and curry powder. Simmer for at least 5 minutes. The longer it cooks, the ticker the consistency will be.
- Peel and cut the banana in dices and add to the rice. Cook for 1-2 minutes on low heat. Serve hot.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.