If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've always gone right for this soup at our favorite Izakaya, but it's a fantastic comfort food and a go-to when I'm sick with a cold. I love the salty bite from the bonito and fish, and it's a welcome change from chicken noodle soup. The traditional version just uses green tea in the broth, but I find when I make it at home that it's missing something so I add the soy and mirin. - Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 2 cups cooked rice, white or brown
- 4 cups hot freshly brewed green tea
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 6 ounces salmon filet
- 4 tablespoons bonito flakes or bottarga
- 2 tablespoons Japanese rice seasoning or combination dried seaweed and sesame seeds
- Roast the salmon for 10 minutes at 375 degrees with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper until it’s cooked to medium rare.
- Pile the rice in a bowl and lay the salmon over the top. Sprinkled with bonito and rice seasoning. Combine the tea, soy, and mirin and pour over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.