If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So the name comes from my grandmother. Wonderful woman and person who is probably the most responsible for my obsessive hobby for baking and cooking. My grandmother one day and looks over at bunch of bananas we have, stating that she would like some bread loving requests I decide without saying anything in a couple days I make it. Get up at 5:00 in morning bake this get done and the kitchen cleaned by 6:30, coffees on "oh how surprised she'll be" I thought. Grandma comes out grabs a cup and I make sure to tell her breakfast is ready at this note, she states "I gave up bread for Lent". - ZombieCupcake
Makes 1 - 5x9 loaf
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Mace
- Preheat oven 350 Degrees, grease 5 x 9 pan
- Mash bananas in a large then mix both sugars. Add eggs, butter, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Sift flours, cinnamon, mace, baking powder and soda in a separate bowl. Then add dry ingredients into the wet mix thoroughly. (Optional note: if you would like nuts I suggest pecans or my favorite walnut 2/3 cup folding in at this step)
- Pour batter into pan. Put into preheated oven and bake for 50 - 60 minutes. Use a tooth pick to check should come out clean ( note : I like to check 3 spots both ends and middle)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift