If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Still crazy good after all these years. Simple to make and goes down easy. Try one tonight! —Erika Kotite
- 1 sugar cube
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- Orange peel (for garnish)
- Place sugar cube in bottom of a rocks glass. Add bitters and a splash of water.
- Crush sugar thoroughly with a wooden muddler or strong spoon.
- Pour in the whiskey, place a few ice cubes in the glass, and stir until well chilled.
- Garnish with orange peel.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
The New Food52 Office
A space that makes you want to come to work
The new Food52 office.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Yes, be in a pickle.