Author Notes: Healthy salad for guilt free indulgence. Adapted from mynewroots. I love this slaw because it's dressing maintains the creaminess without having any of those ingredients. A dressing of olive oil, lemon juice and tahini. This is perfect for those days when you have leftover cabbage. It makes a lot and costs almost nothing. - ami@naivecookcooks
- 1.5 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1.25 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/8 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- In a big bowl, mix all the vegetables together.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in another small bowl and stir till you get a uniform paste. Add more water if needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- In a hot skillet, add sesame seeds and toast them till they start jumping out of the skillet.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast