If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy salad for guilt free indulgence. Adapted from mynewroots. I love this slaw because it's dressing maintains the creaminess without having any of those ingredients. A dressing of olive oil, lemon juice and tahini. This is perfect for those days when you have leftover cabbage. It makes a lot and costs almost nothing. —ami@naivecookcooks
- 1.5 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1.25 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/8 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- In a big bowl, mix all the vegetables together.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in another small bowl and stir till you get a uniform paste. Add more water if needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- In a hot skillet, add sesame seeds and toast them till they start jumping out of the skillet.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.