If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rice pudding is such a comforting dessert: sweet enough to satisfy any craving, but gentle enough to double as an indulgent breakfast or anytime snack. In this recipe, the classic pairing of coconut milk and vanilla is livened up by the addition of seasonal citrus and ginger. —Gena Hamshaw
- 1 can (13.6 fluid oz.) full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup long grain basmati rice
- 2 to 4 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Mix the coconut milk, water, orange juice, vanilla extract, salt, and rice in a medium-sized pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a low simmer. Cover the pot, but leave the lid very slightly ajar to let steam escape.
- Simmer the rice for 30 minutes, or until most of the liquid has absorbed. Stir in maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon, and zest. Continue cooking till rice is creamy and soft. If necessary, add a little more water or maple syrup.
- Serve warm or cool, dusted with extra cinnamon if desired!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.