If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is nothing better than a meatloaf to stretch out a meal when you have unexpected guests to feed or simply when you want fast yet restaurant quality dinners spread throught the week. The cheap affair had its makeover with exotic flavours from Middle-East and Africa. It's packed with healthy and delicious ingredients. - eatwithnamie
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 cup cooked lentil
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 5 prunes, chopped or 1/3 cup cranberries or sultanas
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, coriander, salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, paprika, caynenne pepper, black pepper
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup frech mint, parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a squeeze of lemon
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté chopped onions and garlic for about 5 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Add the cooked lentils, dried fruit, nuts, herbs, salt, pepper, spices and mix well.
- Add ground lamb and egg and mix well by hand. Transfer the loaf mixture to the pan and press down to smooth top.
- Bake for 40-50mins at 200'C. Serve with your favourite sider such as mashed potato or couscous.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.