If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One day I didn't have time to grocery shop and my fridge was almost bare except for the basics. I came up with this recipe and my fiance and I loved it! Now he asks for it all the time. —Yasmin Hall
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 pieces white bread
- 2 medium slices mozzerella cheese
- wash,slice your onions.
- heat up a fry pan with the butter in pan
- add the onions and pepper
- cook until the onions are golden and caramelized, around 15 minutes
- in a medium saucepan add the soup mix to 2 cups of water, whisk until cooked.
- toast the 2 pieces of bread
- add the onions to the soup mix, cook another 2 minutes.
- fill 2 French onion ramekin dishes 3/4 full with the soup/onions
- trim the crusts of the toast
- add 1 piece of toast to each ramekin dish, pressing down so they absorb the soup
- Place a slice of cheese on top of the wet toast
- cover the dishes with the lids
- place in oven at 350F and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with ramekin dish on a plate, as it is hot! take lid of as you serve it with an oven mitt.
- Bonn Appetit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).