If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired from my garden-fennel, radishes and chives celebrate spring. With whole wheat bread on hand I had the beginnings of a perfect luncheon idea. - REC
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 small red radishes, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups shaved fennel bulb
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon snipped fennel fronds
- 1 teaspoon chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 sprigs fennel fronds for garnish
- Combine the mascarpone, mustard, chives, capers and pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
- Spread over 1 side of each bread slice, dividing equally.
- Top with the radish followed by the fennel, dividing equally.
- Mix together the ingredients for the topping till well combined, spoon over the fennel; garnish the plates with the fennel frond sprigs and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
Raise a (recycled) glass.