If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn't enjoy soup on a cold day? This combines familiar comforting flavours with a twist.
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 yellow med. size potatoes, peeled, washed, cubed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel, stems can be used
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a preheated medium size pot add oil, onion, garlic, leek and fennel saute for 5-8 min to soften vegetables. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Add diced potatoes and continue stirring and cooking on medium heat for another 5min. Add broth and bring pot up to boil. Immediately turn down the heat to a simmer and cook until vegetables are fork tender. Approx. 20-30min. Taste for seasoning. Using a slotted spoon transfer the larger chunks of vegetables to a blender add some stock just to blend and puree. I like leaving a few chunks to add texture so everyone can see the ingredients.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
What and where to eat on Maryland's eastern shore
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Transform the humble shoebox.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Summer, please don't go.
Get your shine on.