Author Notes: Use any combination of root vegetables you like for an easy, versatile side that works with pretty much any main dish. - Merrill Stubbs
- 1 1/2 cup chopped carrots (3/4 inch)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped parsnips (3/4 inch)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped sweet potatoes (3/4 inch)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme (or other woodsy herb of your choice)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment (or don't if you're lazy like me and don't mind the extra caramelization).
- Using your fingers, toss the vegetables with the oil, salt and thyme -- I do this right on the baking sheet so as not to dirty a bowl.
- Put the vegetables in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Flip them gently with a spatula and continue to roast until the vegetables are crisp and tender, another 10 to 20 minutes. Serve hot, warm or at room temp. (I like to keep a batch of these in the fridge all week so I can press them into service at any time.)
- This recipe is a Community Pick!