If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make tempeh salad sammies all the time. And they are good. REAL good. But Iâ€™m never one to keep a recipe as is. In fact, itâ€™s rare that I make the same recipe twice. After all, I have a cupboard full of spices and a bunch of really cool pals that like to taste-test my experiments.
I just got back from the local market, and found the must delicious looking purple kale. Organic, local, and Iâ€™m pretty sure the farmers are masked super heros at night. That kind of good.
This tempeh salad is easy to make, incredibly fresh, perfect on sandwiches, and Holy-Obamacare are they delicious. But donâ€™t take my word for it, try them for yourself.
Make this because: You need this recipe to make better sandwiches. And hey, we all know sandwiches are your favourite. - Dave Lock
Serves 4 or more!
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 packet Tempeh
- 1 Carrot, Grated
- 1/4 bunch Kale
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice *(or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Veganaise (or Mayo)
- 4 pieces Fresh Bread
- 1 teaspoon each, S&P to taste
- This. Is. So Easy. Cut and Steam your kale. The smaller the pieces, the better.
- While steaming, cut your Tempeh into small strips. Drop in the steamer when the Kale is done. You can put the kale aside for now.
- Wash & grate your carrots.
- Now, add your spices to a bowl and mix well.
- Once your Tempeh is done, remove and let sit in a bowl in the fridge for 5 mins, just to cool down. Now, mash your tempeh with a fork. Mash it good. Then add it to your spices along with the carrot and kale.
- Stir in lemon juice, S&P, and Veganaise and mix like crazy. Once done, chill in the fridge and prep your bread.
- Lettuce, Onion, Pickle, Sprouts. Whatever your heart desires. Now, scoop on your delicious tempeh mix and dig in. And this, my dear friends, is one of the best sandwiches you will ever eat.
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.