Author Notes: I make tempeh salad sammies all the time. And they are good. REAL good. But Iâ€™m never one to keep a recipe as is. In fact, itâ€™s rare that I make the same recipe twice. After all, I have a cupboard full of spices and a bunch of really cool pals that like to taste-test my experiments.
I just got back from the local market, and found the must delicious looking purple kale. Organic, local, and Iâ€™m pretty sure the farmers are masked super heros at night. That kind of good.
This tempeh salad is easy to make, incredibly fresh, perfect on sandwiches, and Holy-Obamacare are they delicious. But donâ€™t take my word for it, try them for yourself.
Make this because: You need this recipe to make better sandwiches. And hey, we all know sandwiches are your favourite. - Dave Lock
Serves 4 or more!
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 packet Tempeh
- 1 Carrot, Grated
- 1/4 bunch Kale
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice *(or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Veganaise (or Mayo)
- 4 pieces Fresh Bread
- 1 teaspoon each, S&P to taste
- This. Is. So Easy. Cut and Steam your kale. The smaller the pieces, the better.
- While steaming, cut your Tempeh into small strips. Drop in the steamer when the Kale is done. You can put the kale aside for now.
- Wash & grate your carrots.
- Now, add your spices to a bowl and mix well.
- Once your Tempeh is done, remove and let sit in a bowl in the fridge for 5 mins, just to cool down. Now, mash your tempeh with a fork. Mash it good. Then add it to your spices along with the carrot and kale.
- Stir in lemon juice, S&P, and Veganaise and mix like crazy. Once done, chill in the fridge and prep your bread.
- Lettuce, Onion, Pickle, Sprouts. Whatever your heart desires. Now, scoop on your delicious tempeh mix and dig in. And this, my dear friends, is one of the best sandwiches you will ever eat.