If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My entire childhood started with buttered jam and honey sandwiches. Now that I have my own kids I love changing up what's for breakfast. One of their all-time favorites is pancakes that are made with pre-soaked home-made granola. It's fast, it's nutritious, delivers whole grains and pairs well with any seasonal fruits. —Comeandcookwithus
- 1 cup Home-made granola
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Flour (I use GF but a mixture of 2/3 white and 1/2 whole wheat works great, too)
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup Blueberries, grated apple, chopped pear (optional)
- The night before, soak the granola in water and let stand at room temperature. My home-made granola is made of roasted rolled oats, buckwheat groats, quinoa flakes, some nuts, a little honey and flax oil.
- Mix granola with the remaining ingredients. You will have a bulky, moist dough.
- Heat a non-stick pan, coat with a little oil and place spoonfuls of the pancake mixture onto the hot pan. Turn after 1-2 minutes.
- Brush with maple syrup and serve with fresh fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
Our Recent Favorite Recipes
Blackberry ginger ale mojito, warm braised pineapple, and more
Our recent favorite recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.