If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I never go to the store thinking, "Oh, I should get some white chocolate today!" For me it's the anti chocolate. I'd almost rather skip the chocolate all together than eat white chocolate. Almost. But one of my friends could only eat white chocolate. The poor thing, the real stuff gave her horrible migraines. I didn't want her to feel left out of the chocolate world so I went on white chocolate cooking spree. Cookies, savory dishes, and of course, you can't forget breakfast.
This granola is extra healthy (if you ignore the chocolate) thanks to the addition of everyone's newest superfood--quinoa. I use dried quinoa which gives the mix an extra crunch plus toss in some blueberries, flaxseed and nuts. The beauty of granola is once you have a base it can easily be altered. No almonds? Try walnuts or pecans. Not a blueberry fan? Maybe some cherries or raisins. It's all up to you. —Brooklyn Locavore
Makes about 8 cups
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups oats
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/2 cup pepitos
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl whisk honey and canola oil until smooth. Youâ€™ll need a bit of muscle for this! Add cinnamon, cardamom and salt and blend well.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, almonds, flaxseed, pepitos and quinoa.
- Stir in honey oil mixture until granola is well coated.
- Spread oats on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Let granola cool and break apart into a clean large bowl.
- Stir in white chocolate and dried blueberries (make sure your granola is COMPLETELY cooked or the chocolate will melt all over).
- Store in an air tight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.