If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I teamed up with Isabel Mejia, a local health coach and blogger at FoodIsYourFriend, to create a healthy, easy-to-make snack: Kale Chips. Kale is perfectly in season right now, and it's an incredibly healthy. Kale chips are super easy to make, so easy that it's a total scam that stores are selling this popular health snack for $7 to $10 a bag. You absolutely must make kale chips at home -- we promise you'™ll be glad you did.
Making kale chips is just as easy as this:€“ wash kale, tear leaves off kale, season kale, bake kale. This is not rocket science, folks. My father actually was a rocket scientist and he assures me this is easier. —Becky Rosenthal
Serves 3 to 4
- 1 bunch kale, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash the kale then gently pat it dry. Remove the tough stem from each leaf, then tear the leaves into large pieces (they will shrink when they bake).
- In a large bowl drizzle the olive oil onto the kale, using your hands to massage the oil into the leaves. Sprinkle the cumin and paprika onto the kale -- you may need to use your hands to evenly distribute the spices.
- Lay out the leaves on a baking sheet covered in parchment or a silpat. Dust with sea salt, then bake for about 16 minutes, turning after 8 minutes. Leaves should be crisp and curled at the edges.
- Enjoy as a snack or with your sandwich at lunchtime!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.