If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love to roast vegetables and combine the earthy bitterness of brussels sprouts with a sweet element, a crunchy component, and a little punch of citrus so the flavors are nicely balanced. This dish comes together in a flash, and can be served warm or at room temperature. - Bevi
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and halved
- 1 Meyer lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the halved brussels sprouts on a baking pan. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt (kosher or sea salt) and pepper and use your clean hands to mix thoroughly. Place the brussels sprouts in the middle of the oven.
- After about 15 minutes, turn the brussels sprouts with a wide spatula, checking for caramelization. After another 15 minutes, turn the sprouts again and squeeze the juice of 1/2 of the Meyer lemon over the sprouts. Add the sultanas and walnuts.
- After another 10 minutes, turn the mixture with a spatula, and squeeze on the juice of the other lemon half. After another 5 minutes, the lemon juice should be evaporated. Check to see how caramelized the sprouts are, and if done to your liking, remove from oven and serve.