Author Notes: Easy, elegant and sumptuous! - Robyn Grace Jennings
- 1 packet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, 1/6 of 1 box
- 1/2 Fennel, sliced
- 1/2 Pear, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Salt
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 4 Slices of mozzarella, roughly 1 ounce each
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Puff pastry comes frozen, stacked in two sheets, each folded into three parts. All that you need is 1/3 of one sheet or one fold. Cut along the fold line and allow to defrost for fifteen minutes.
- Combine the next six ingredients and allow to rest for ten minutes.
- Place puff pastry on parchment paper, on a cookie sheet. Place pear and fennel slices alternating, in a long row on pastry. Then top with cheese.
- Cook for roughly 12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and pastry is golden and puffed. You can cook up to three at one time.
- One tart usually serves 3 people, unless it is my husband and then it serves only 1! Serve for brunch with fresh fruit or for dinner with a simple arugula salad and champagne.