Author Notes: These are addictive little bites, but the real bonus is the extra pomegranate balsamic reduction. It's wonderful on everything from meatballs to ice cream. - HeartBellyAndSoul
- 6 Slices Pumpernickel Bread
- 6 Slices of Ham (thin)
- 4 ounces Gruyere Cheese
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate arils
- 1 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, cook down the Balsamic Vinegar and Pomegranate Juice until reduced and thickened (about 15-20 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oven to Broil. Slice Pumpernickel into 4 slices each. Place on baking sheet that has been sprayed with Olive Oil cooking spray. Spray the top side of the bread with the cooking spray.
- Top the bread pieces with ham and thin slices of Gruyere. Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Drizzle with balsamic reduction, and top with Pomegranate arils.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar