If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes the ingredients in the refrigerator and pantry speak to me. This time, the voices said -- use up those wilting greens, throw in the roasted Turkish peppers you've left too long. I started with pesto thoughts and moved on.
Every time I make it, the ingredient list shifts a bit. First I had toasted walnuts, then I got some pecan meal. Originally I had arugula ('red pepper and rocket'), then parsley, and lately I even threw in a leaf or so of red leaf lettuce. Vinegar seems better here than lemon juice, my first trial choice. As you see, you can keep changing things, even the balance of peppers and greens. Just be sure to include some nuts or seeds for body and a nuanced hot sauce to warm it up and round it out.
I love it on a sandwich with a bean spread or tucked in an omelet. It's an easy dip and would be appealing on roasted vegetables and pasta... Salad dressing? I'd love more ideas from you! —susan g
Makes about 3/4 cup
- 1/3 cup ground nuts (33 gm)
- 1 cup roasted peppers (165 gm)
- 1 cup parsley, loosely packed (60 gm)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce (Huy Fong/Rooster)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and run to a smooth puree that still has specks of green and red.
- Store refrigerated in a glass jar. It should last a week to 10 days. You can freeze some in small containers to open as needed.
- If you make changes in the ingredients (see headnote), adjust the amount of nuts to keep a spreadable or dipable consistency.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).