Author Notes: This is a perfect twist on walnuts. The amazing toasted crunch and sweet/spicy flavors really complement each other. I especially enjoy them on top of mango sherbet (adding a bit of tartness to your taste buds). Enjoy! - Mariya
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate liqueur
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup bitter-sweet chocolate medallions
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add walnuts; toast until light brown (about 2 minutes).
- Add liqueur, brown sugar, and cayenne and cook until nicely caramelized.
- Turn the heat off and add chocolate; once melted, incorporate all nuts in sauce.
- Serve warm over ice cream or fruit, or cool and enjoy on their own!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift