If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rhubarb is a signature spring ingredient with, unfortunately, a limited reputation. Often paired with strawberries and packed into pies, rhubarb also has a sophisticated, savory side. Here the tender stalks of rhubarb are quickly sautéed in sugar and vinegar, as in Italian agrodolce dishes, as small lamb chops cook in the oven. The bright, fresh flavor of the rhubarb offers a perfect pair for the fatty, seared meat. If you are looking for a quick and elegant way to add a bit more to the plate, serve the lamb and rhubarb with a spoonful of steamed couscous. - CarolineWright
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 small lamb loin chops (1 pound)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 medium shallot, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red-wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 pound rhubarb stalks, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup crushed walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 475° F. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season lamb with salt and pepper. When the skillet is hot, add the lamb and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until the lamb reaches the desired doneness, about 5 minutes for medium-rare. Let the meat rest on a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in another large skillet over medium. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in sugar, vinegar and rhubarb. Cook, partially covered and tossing occasionally, until rhubarb is tender and the juices in the pan are thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in raisins, walnuts and parsley. Serve lamb with rhubarb.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Chop to It
Salad with one rule: chop it real good.
Let's get chopping.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
Rock the roast.
This is poppin'.