Author Notes: [Excerpted from Twenty-Dollar, Twenty-Minute Meals. Copyright 2013 by Caroline Wright. Used by permission of Workman Publishing Co., Inc. New York. All Rights Reserved.]
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 sliced Kirby cucumbers
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, place 2 teaspoons fennel seeds,?1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds in a mortar and crush with pestle.
- In a medium bowl, combine the spices with 1 pound ground lamb, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon harissa paste (or 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon paprika), 11/2 teaspoons kosher salt, and1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper. Oil the grill grate or pan. Form the spiced meat into four 11/2-inch thick patties and grill, turning once, until charred and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- While the burgers are cooking, combine 3 sliced Kirby cucumbers, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, and 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the burgers on rolls topped with the cucumber dressing.