Author Notes: I have made this salad several different ways and they are all great. I consider this to be a great lunch salad, or you can serve it with something else for dinner. I am assuming that you have already roasted the squash for the salad ahead of time. Some variations: use cubed, cooked beets instead of apple; add a pile of sauteed shiitake mushrooms; use pear instead of apple. (The photo I submitted has the shiitake mushrooms.) - roryrabbitfield
- 2 cups torn mizuna greens
- 1/2 sliced, cored apple
- 1 cup cubed, roasted winter squash
- 4 sliced radishes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Put in a large mixing bowl: the mizuna greens, apple, roasted squash, radish and sesame seeds.
- In a small separate bowl make the dressing: mix the olive oil, lemon juice, honey and season with salt & pepper.
- Toss the salad with the dressing, using the amount you like. I don't like to over-dress a salad.
- Divide salad into two serving bowls. Scatter the goat cheese on top of the salads.