If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have made this salad several different ways and they are all great. I consider this to be a great lunch salad, or you can serve it with something else for dinner. I am assuming that you have already roasted the squash for the salad ahead of time. Some variations: use cubed, cooked beets instead of apple; add a pile of sauteed shiitake mushrooms; use pear instead of apple. (The photo I submitted has the shiitake mushrooms.) - roryrabbitfield
- 2 cups mizuna greens
- 1/2 sliced, cored apple
- 1 cup cubed, roasted winter squash
- 4 thinly sliced radishes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Put the mizuna greens, apple, roasted squash, radish and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- In a small separate bowl make the dressing: mix the olive oil, lemon juice, honey and season with salt & pepper.
- Toss the salad with the dressing, using the amount you like. I don't like to over-dress a salad.
- Divide salad into two serving bowls. Scatter the goat cheese on top of the salads.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.