If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tart, herbaceous, and absolutely addictive, Argentinean chimichurri sauce is the perfect match for the rich beefy flavor of skirt steak – or any cut of steak. Cook the steak over intense heat quickly to sear the outside while cooking the inside just to medium-rare. Then slice it thinly and serve with generous amounts of sauce. (All recipes from The Grilling Book.) —Adam Rapoport
- One 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak (about 1/2-inch thick), cut in half crosswise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1/2 cup Chimichurri Sauce
- Season skirt steak lightly with salt and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels and season again with salt and pepper.
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. Brush grill grate with oil.
- Cook until meat is nicely charred and medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer steak to a work surface; let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain and serve with Chimichurri Sauce.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more as needed
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Fresno chile or red jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 cups minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, shallot, and chile in a medium bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, parsley, and oregano. Using a fork, whisk in oil. Transfer ½ cup chimichurri to a small bowl, season with salt to taste, and reserve as sauce.
- To use as a marinade with beef or lamb: Put beef or lamb in a glass, stainless steel, or ceramic dish. Toss with remaining chimichurri. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove meat from marinade, pat dry, and grill. Serve with reserved sauce.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.