If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A version of a 'Laksa', this easy soup makes a tasty breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Laksa paste is a mixture of aromatics and usually peanuts and shrimp paste. One of the beauties of this recipe is that it is easily adaptable - add chicken, pork, beef, omit the tofu...use whatever you have on hand to complete the dish. - Rebecca Steere
fresh lemongrass, fresh ginger, coconut oil, Laksa paste (can be found in Asian grocery stores), tofu, fresh or dried rice noodles, coconut milk, chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass center
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons laksa paste
- 1/2 cup cubed firm tofu
- 1 cup broth, chicken or vegetable
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 packet dried or fresh rice noodles
Garnishes: bean sprouts, cilantro, green onion, mint, basil,thai chili, lime
- 1/2 cup blanched bean sprouts
- 1 handful combined herbs such as basil, cilantro, mint, stemmed and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly on diagonal
- 1 thai chili, thinly sliced
- 2 lime wedges
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions. While noodles are being prepared, heat pan and add coconut oil. Add lemongrass and ginger until fragrant but not browned. Next, add Laksa paste and cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add tofu and very gently stir until tofu is covered with paste and browning slightly. Add coconut milk and chicken broth and simmer for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- Meanwhile prepare garnishes and divide rice noodles into 2 large bowls (sometimes it helps to rinse the noodles if they are sticking together); cover noodles with steaming soup. Garnish as desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce