Author Notes: For our Memorial Day barbecue my husband requested a no mayo cole slaw. I came up with this - very tasty and very pretty! - Sadassa_Ulna
- 2 cups Shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups Shredded purple cabbage
- 3/4 cups Grated carrot
- 2 Yellow peppers, sliced very thin
- 2-3 Lemons, washed, dried
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Grate the zest of one lemon into a small bowl. Juice enough lemons to get 1/3 cup and add to the zest.
- Add salt, mustard powder, and sugar to the lemon mixture; whisk together. Add the olive oil and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Mix all vegetables in a large bowl and pour dressing over; toss to thoroughly coat veggies.
- Allow to marinate for thirty minutes at room temperature or up to two days in the refrigerator.