If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After making homemade stocks for the first time, I knew I'd want them to take center stage in this hearty and comforting corn chowder. —Jess Gonzalez
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cups cubed potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 6 cups homemade chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 16 oz package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups cooked and cubed chicken
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium/high heat. Add onion and celery and cook for 10 minutes, until translucent and browning in spots.
- Add rosemary, potatoes, and stock to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add milk and chicken and return to low heat until warmed through. Serve with bacon crumbles.
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
A multilayered lunchbox to love.
We give it 8 tentacles up.