If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend, Andrea, spends part of every summer with her grandparents in Greece. She still hasn't mastered the language, but has learned a thing or two about Greek cooking. This is her grandmother's ziziki recipe which, as far as I know, has never been written down before. Made with thick, creamy Greek yogurt, good olive oil and fresh Mediterranean herbs, the flavors will whisk you straight to a sun-drenched village overlooking the Aegean. - sarahkee
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 small to medium lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or mint, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir all ingredients together in small bowl.
- Serve with vegetables, such as sliced cucumbers, carrots and cherry tomatoes, or with pita wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
Chou Family Potstickers
The legacy of a mother's recipe
Chou family potstickers.
Met Ball or meatball?
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Sweet, ripened stone fruit.