If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by both a baked oatmeal recipe and my favorite Purely Elizabeth granola, this gluten-free grain dish is a perfect way to wake. With the jammy fruit on the bottom, different creamy textures of the grains and a nut crunch on top, this will fuel even the busiest mornings. To try to keep local, I used rhubarb and frozen Maine blueberries from last season's harvest. Now I'd add strawberries, but use whatever fruit you have on hand or in season in your area. - Jacquie Chamberlain
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries, divided
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons flax meal or whole grain flour
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1/4 cup amaranth or quinoa
- 1/4 cup flax meal or almond meal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups almond milk (preferably homemade)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, toss to combine the chopped rhubarb, 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, maple syrup, flax meal or any whole grain flour and a squeeze of lemon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the rolled oats, steel cut oats, millet, amaranth or quinoa and flax meal or almond meal. Add the cinnamon, baking powder, cardamom, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- For the wet ingredients that bring this together, whisk together the almond milk, unsweetened applesauce and vanilla.
- To assemble, place the fruit mixture in the baking pan. Cover it with the dry mixture and slowly pour the wet mixture over the whole pan, poking holes into the dry to get everything combined without stirring.
- Sprinkle the extra 1/2 cup blueberries and chopped pecans on top before baking for 35-40 minutes, or until the sides set up and start pulling away from the pan.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving. It warms up beautifully slowly browned on the stove top or with 1 cup almond milk in a pot for days to come.
11 Ways to Become a Little More French
Live la vie en rose.
Live la vie en rose.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
A feast for the ears.
Take these foods to go.