If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (from 4 ears corn) or thawed, frozen kernels, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped (whites and greens separated)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 8 ounces cooked, fresh crab
- 1 pound tomatoes (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- Combine 2 cups corn kernels, eggs and sour cream in a blender; season with salt and pepper and pulse to blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl with remaining corn kernels, scallion whites, cornmeal and flour, and stir just until combined.
- Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in two batches, spoon the corn batter into the skillet and pat to flatten into small cakes (about 1/4 cup per cake). Cook, flipping once, until golden on both sides, about 6 minutes per batch.
- While cakes cook, stir together remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and vinegar; add crab, tomatoes and 2 tablespoons scallion greens to bowl and season with salt and pepper. When all the cakes are cooked, toss crab and tomatoes with basil and vinaigrette. Serve cakes topped with crab salad.
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.