If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad was created for a summer day trip - an adventure that included a long hike out through the woods to the edge of the sea. It needed to be something that didn't require refrigeration, could stand a little jostling, and would still taste amazing when we reached our destination. It definitely fits the bill, and we've used it again and again for summer excursions. —EatSimplyEatWell
Cook the Beluga Lentils
- 1 cup beluga lentils, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the ingredients in a small pot. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer; and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove lentils from heat and drain through a fine-mesh sieve. Rinse thoroughly in cold water and shake the sieve a few times to remove excess moisture.
Prepare salad ingredients
- 3/4 cup loosely packed parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- While the lentils cook, combine all remaining salad ingredients in a medium size bowl. Stir well to combine and let them sit until the lentils are ready.
- Add the drained, cooled lentils and toss a few times with a spoon to combine thoroughly. Enjoy!
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
These snacks are independent.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
49 new dinnerware pieces.
A handy saucepan.