Author Notes: A traditional recipe from the western coast of India, this quick stir fry makes for an excellent side to rice dishes. - Saee Khandekar
- 2 cups Tender cashew nuts (or dried cashews soaked in hot water for two hours)
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 1/8 teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly greated coconut
- Handful chopped cilantro
- Heat the ghee on medium heat in a wok or pan. Add the cumin and green chilies and saute momentarily until fragrant. Add the asafetida and immediately tip in the tender cashews.
- Toss lightly (try not to use a spoon–the cashews are very tender and brittle) and add the salt and cumin seed powder. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add sugar, coconut, and coriander and toss one final time. Remove and serve hot!