Author Notes: I love spring/summer for all the fresh fruits we get to eat! I saw these beautiful apricots at Whole Foods and grabbed a few hoping to make a chutney. I was planning a dinner party with some friends so I figured I’d kill two birds with one stone, I put together a cheese platter just so I could use my new cheese board I got as a birthday gift last year and I made apricot jam instead of chutney to go with the cheese. - themessimake.com
Serves a crowd
- 9 apricots - peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- In a heavy bottom pan, mix all the ingredients on medium heat.
- Once it starts simmering, turn down the heat to bring it to a low simmer.
- Stir frequently and cook until the apricots are soft and the mixture starts looking and feeling like jam..this can take about 30-45 minutes. I wanted a smooth texture so I used a potato masher to break down the apricot chunks.
- Let it cool and store in a class jar. This should be good for several days. I don’t have the special canning jars but if you do, feel free to use those and the jam will last for a longer time.