If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A dilly, mayonnaisey shrimp sandwich is the classic Norwegian summer food. You can eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And I do! —fiveandspice
- 1/2 pound shrimp – as small as you can get them! – boiled/steamed until just cooked, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 pieces of baguette or white, crusty rolls, warmed
- If the shrimp are on the large side, chop them into smaller pieces. In a mixing bowl, fold together the shrimp, mayonnaise, crème fraiche, lemon juice and dill. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Split the pieces of warm baguette or rolls in half. Pile half of the shrimp salad into each sandwich and serve. If you’d really like to be like my tante Mari, a shrimp salad aficcionado if there ever was one, have some salted tomato slices on the side.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.